All Hazards Planning and Resources
Know what hazards and disasters could affect our area. Make sure you know what to do to Make a Plan, Have a Kit, Stay Informed, and Get Involved.
Download the FEMA App to get preparedness information, real-time weather, and other emergency alerts.
Register to get email and text message alerts from New Hanover County here Version Options All Hazards Planning and Resources Headline.
Learn about the New Hanover County Access and Functional Needs Registry and sign up if eligible.
Request Free Preparedness Materials
- Request New Hanover County-specific preparedness materials by calling 910-798-6900. Let us know what you need and how many handouts you would like, and we will check out resource library to make your community presentations a breeze.
- Request a NHC EM Speaker for your group
- Order free preparedness materials from FEMA's online ordering platform. These materials can be shipped to you in 2 to 3 weeks.
- Hazard Information Sheets - these two-sided information sheets from Ready.gov have information on how to prepare for, keep safe during, and recover from hazards. Learn more about the research behind these information sheets at FEMA's Protective Actions Research site.
- FEMA's Are You Ready Guide - This guide provides information on how to help your family prepare for disasters. Learn general disaster preparedness tips and best practices to help you be #ReadyNHC. This guide is available in English or in several additional languages.
- Document and Insure Your Property (PDF) - Make sure you document your property and belongings, ensuring you have the insurance coverage you need. This resource is available in English or in several additional languages.
- You're at home or in the car, and you get a weather alert or warning. What do you do? Check out A Guide for Alerts and Warnings to help plan, or order a booklet copy with a handy magnetic strip for the fridge!
- Here's a great checklist with tips to safeguard documents and valuables. It also has info on documents you might need to file an insurance claim after a disaster. The checklist is available in English or in several additional languages.
- Especially great for homeowner associations, community mailers, or other large groups! The 12 Ways to Prepare (PDF) shows 12 simple ways to get ready for an emergency. Add a USPS stamp and you're all set to mail! This document is available in English or in several additional languages.
The ReadyNHC program is based on the FEMA Ready.gov outreach effort where we focus on four simple steps to be ready for any emergency. Make a Plan, Have a Kit, Stay Informed, and Get Involved. You can see all of the FEMA Ready.gov resources here.
|Ready Resources for People with Access and Functional Needs||Be Ready Wherever You Are||Listo.gov|
|Ready.gov resources in other languages like Spanish, Simplified Chinese, Traditional Chinese, Korean, Vietnamese, Tagalog|