Wilmington’s first department store opened in 1903 and, since that time, the Port City has had as many as 20 stores.
By 1924, Mr. Roudabush decided to specialize in farm and garden plants, seeds, and supplies. Eventually, he built greenhouses to produce plants and flowers for sale in the store.
This charge plate was donated to the Museum in 2007, by Carol Bunting, Mrs. Mewborne’s granddaughter.
The scale has an iron base with a rectangular weighing platform.
Roudabush’s Seed Store became a family enterprise when William’s three sons joined the business.
This shoehorn was donated to the Museum by Barbara “Bobbie” Miller Marcroft in the 1990s.
Diamond Hill Plywood purchased the original Hyman Supply Co. in December of 1975 from the Harrington family.